Center for Spatial Analysis, Department of Microbiology and Plant Biology,
Visiting Scholar in Earth Observation and Modeling Group,
University of Oklahoma
101 David L. Boren Blvd. Norman, Oklahoma 73019, USA
Phone: 1(405) 325-4885, Email: email@example.com
Ph.D. in Soil, 2004, Department of Environment and Resource, Agricultural Remote Sensing Application Institute, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China.
B.S. in Foresty, 1995, Department of Forestry, Jilin Forestry Institute, Jilin, China.
2012 to 2013, Visiting Scholar, Center for Spatial Analysis, and Department of Microbiology and Plant Biology, University of Oklahoma, USA
Since 2005 Associate Professor of Qingdao University of Science & Technology (QUST), China
2004-2005 Associate Director of Institute of Eco-environment Protection, Zhejiang Shuren University, China
1995-1998 Assistant engineer of Yanbian Forestry Administration, China.
- Water quality remote sensing
- Field Spectra
Peer-reviewed journal publications
(1) Jin-heng ZHANG, Yongliang Lv, Chao Han, Dapeng Li. New Reflectance Spectral Vegetation Indices for Estimating Rice Nitrogen NutritionⅠ: Selection of Optimum Vegetation Indices Using Leaf Spectral Reflectance and SPAD Values. Sensor Letters 2011,9: 1190-1195( Science Citation Index)
(2) Jin-heng ZHANG, Yongliang Lv, Chao Han. New reflectance spectral vegetation indices for estimating rice nitrogen nutritionⅡ: optimum reflectance spectral vegetation indices for estimating rice leaf nitrogen concentration. Sensor Letters 2011,9:1196-1200( Science Citation Index)
(3) Jin-heng ZHANG, Yongliang Lv, Chao Han. New reflectance spectral vegetation indices for estimating rice nitrogen nutrition Ⅲ: Development of a New Vegetation Index Based on Canopy Red-edge Reflectance Spectra to Monitor Rice Canopy Leaf Nitrogen Concentrations. Sensor Letters 2011, 9:1201-1206( Science Citation Index)
(4) Jin-heng ZHANG, Tao Shen, Minghua Liua, Yu Wana, Jianbo Liu, Jun Li. Research on non-point source pollution spatial distribution of Qingdao based on L-THIA model, Mathematical and Computer Modeling 2011, 54(3-4):1151-1159 (Science Citation Index)
(5) Jin-heng ZHANG, Chao Han, Yuepeng Li. The effects of sulphur dioxide on the spectral curves and chlorophyll concentration of rice canopy. International Journal of Remote Sensing 2010,31(16): 4257- 4264 ( Science Citation Index)
(6) Jin-heng ZHANG, Chao Han, Dapeng Li. New Vegetation Index Monitoring Rice Chlorophyll Concentration Using Leaf Transmittance Spectra. Sensor Letters 2010, 8(1) : 16-21 ( Science Citation Index)
(7) Jin-heng ZHANG, Chao Han, Shoucai Zhang. Estimating the Impacts of Sulphur Dioxide on Rice via Chlorophyll and Peroxidase Activity Transmittance Spectra Prediction Models. Sensor Letters 2010, 8(1):151-157 ( Science Citation Index)
(8) Jin-heng ZHANG, Chao Han, Dapeng Li, ShuTang Liu, ZhenHua Zhang. Investigation of sulfur dioxide influence on canopy spectral characteristics at early growth stage of rice. Australian Journal of Agricultural Engineering 2010,1(2):38-44.
(9) Jin-heng ZHANG, Chao Han, Zhiheng Liu. Absorption spectrum estimating rice chlorophyll concentration: Preliminary investigations. Journal of Plant Breeding and Crop Science 2009, 1(5): 223-229.
(10) Jin-heng ZHANG, Ke Wang. New vegetation index for estimating nitrogen concentration using fresh leaf spectral reflectance. Transactions of the China Society of Agricultural Engineering 2008,24(3):158-161 ( Engineering Index)
(11) Jin-heng ZHANG, Ke WANG, J.S. BAILEY and Ren Chao WANG. Predicting nitrogen status of rice using multispectral data at canopy scale. Pedosphere 2006,16(1):108-117.(Science Citation Index)
(12) Li-juan XU, Jin-heng ZHANG, Da-peng LI, Zhen-xuan YAO, Yong-liang LV, Bao-guang TIAN, Xi JIANG. Research of Method for Sensitive Band Range Selection of Rice Chlorophyll. Shandong Agricultural Science 2010,10:19-23 (In Chinese with English abstract)
(13) Jin-heng ZHANG, Chao HAN, Dapeng LI, Guizhong ZHOU. Correlation between Rice Leaf Absorption Spectrum Vegetation Indices and Indices of Physiological and Biochemical under Sulfur Dioxide Acute Injury, Journal of Agro-Environment Science. 2010,29(supp.):6-9 (In Chinese with English abstract)
(14) Jin-heng ZHANG, Junqiang Wang, Yu Wan, Chao Han. Agricultural Non-point Source Pollution Investigation and Assessment in Qingdao. Chinese Agricultural Science Bulletin 2010, 26(10):276-280 (In Chinese with English abstract) (Included in The third national conference on agricultural environmental science)
(15) Chao Han，Jin-heng ZHANG，Shoucai Zhang, Guizhong Zhou, Dapeng Li. The Varieties between the Fertilizer and Rice Leaf Nitrogen Concentration Based On 15N Tracer. Chinese Agricultural Science Bulletin 2010,26(3): 111-116(In Chinese with English abstract)
(16) Gui-zhong Zhou, Jin-heng ZHANG, Junqiang WANG, Jia Li. Application of the Fuzzy Mathematics in Evaluation Dagu River Water Quality. Journal of Agro-Environment Science 2010,29(B03): 191-195 (In Chinese with English abstract)
(17) Jin-heng ZHANG, Jun-qiang WANG, Jian-ting LIU, Zhen-xuan YAO, Da-peng LI. Evaluation of Surface Water Pollution in Qingdao Vegetable Area Based on Grey Correlation Method, Shandong Agricultural Science, 2010(05):78-82.
(18) Jin-heng ZHANG, Juan Wang, Chao Han. Prediction of Chlorophyll Concentration of Rice Based on Spectral Absorption, Transmittance and Reflectance. Chinese Agricultural Science Bulletin 2010,26(7):78-83 (In Chinese with English abstract)
(19) Jin-heng ZHANG, Yuepeng LI, Chao HAN. Impact of Sulfur Dioxide upon Physiological Indices and Spectrum Characteristics of Rice. Journal of Agro-Environment Science 2009,28(1):26-29 (In Chinese with English abstract)
(20) Wei Zhang，Jin-heng ZHANG，Yun-chun XIA，Impact of SO2 on Biophysical and Chemical Indices of Wheat, Journal of Shenyang University of Chemical Technology, 2009,23(2):121-123. (In Chinese with English abstract)
(21) Jin-heng ZHANG, Study of Hyperspectral Application to Monitoring Vegetation Response of Air Pollution, Environmental Monitoring in China, 2008,5:40-43. (In Chinese with English abstract)
(22) Chao HAN，Jin-heng ZHANG. Leaf Absorptance Spectrum Sensitive Vegetation Indices under Sulfur Dioxide Acute Injury. Journal of Agro-Environment Science 2009, 28(11):2224-223 (In Chinese with English abstract)
(23) Jin-heng ZHANG, Chao Han. Zhiheng Liu, Yanhua Wang. Diagnosis of acute injury of wheat caused by SO2 using color parameters of wheat digital images. Transactions of the CSAE 2008, 24（Supp.2）:36-38 (In Chinese with English abstract) (Engineering Index)
(24) Yue-peng LI, Jin-heng ZHANG, Chao HAN, Shu-tang LIU. Open-top SO2 Fumigation Device Designed for Rice Field Experimentation. Journal of Agro-Environment Science 2008,27(4)：1649-1652 (In Chinese with English abstract)
(25) Jin-heng ZHANG, Yuepeng LI , Chao HAN, Zhenhua ZHANG. The correlation between derivative spectra and some biochemical indices of rice under SO2 pollution. Remote Sensing for Land & Resources 2008,4:43-46 (In Chinese with English abstract)
(26) Jin-heng ZHANG, Yuepeng LI, Chao HAN. Impact of Sulphur Dioxide on the Yield Components of Rice. Journal of Agro-Environment Science 2008, 27(5): 1890-1894 (In Chinese with English abstract)
(27) Jin-heng ZHANG, Yuepeng Li, Chao Han．Monitoring of acute injury of crops caused by SO2 using some biophysical and chemical indices. Transactions of the CSAE 2008,24（9）: 212-215. (In Chinese with English abstract) (Engineering Index)
(28) Jin-heng ZHANG，Ke WANG， Ren-chao WANG，Hongfu ZHENG，Bin ZHOU, Sensitive band ranges of leaf spectral reflectance in diagnosis of rice nitrogen nutrition．Journal of Zhejiang University (Agricultural Science), 2004，30(3)：340-346. (In Chinese with English abstract)
(29) Jin-heng ZHANG, Rice nitrogen nutrition diagnosis using continuum removed reflectance, Acta Phytoecologica Sinica, 2006，30 (1): 78-82. (In Chinese with English abstract)
(30) Yan-lin TANG，Ren-chao WANG，Jin-heng ZHANG，Ke WANG，Study on Determining Nitrogenous Levels of Barley by Hyperspectral and Chlorophyll Meter，Journal Of Triticeae Crops, 2003，23(1)：63-66. (In Chinese with English abstract)
(31) Jin-heng ZHANG, Ke WANG, Ren-chao WANG, Study on hyperspectral remote sensing in estimate vegetation leaf chlorophyll content, Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University (Agricultural Science), 2003，21（1）:74-80. (In Chinese with English abstract)
(32) Jin-heng ZHANG, Ke WANG, Ren-chao WANG, A Study on Vegetation Index LRPSA to Estimate Nitrogen Nutrition Status of Rice, Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University (Agricultural Science), 2003,21（4）349-355,361. (In Chinese with English abstract)
(33) Jin-heng ZHANG, Ke WANG, Ren-chao WANG, Application of chlorophyll meter SPAD-502 in diagnosis of nitrogen status and nitrogenous fertilizer in rice, Journal of Northwest A&F University (Natural Science Edition), 2003,31（2）:177-180. (In Chinese with English abstract)
(34) Dezhu Zhu, Jin-heng ZHANG, Cai Tijiu, Study on water conservation function of forest soil, Journal of Heilongjiang Hydraulic Engineering College,2002,1:11-12. (In Chinese with English abstract)
(35) Jin-heng ZHANG, Dezhu Zhu. Agriculture Disaster Monitor Information System Based on “3S” Technology, Journal of catastrophology, 2002, 17(2):76-81. (In Chinese with English abstract)
(36) Jin-heng ZHANG, Dezhu Zhu,Tijiu Cai, Renchao Wang. Classifing of Land Use Types of Reservoir Watershed Based on RS and GIS, Journal of Soil and Water Conservation, 2001,6: 100-103. (In Chinese with English abstract)
Jinheng Zhang, Yanlin Tang. 2012. Diagnosis Rice Nitrogen Nutrition Based on Hyperspectral Technology. China Agriculture Press. Beijing, China.
Published conference proceedings
(1) Jin-heng Zhang, Xin Yu, Yongliang Lv, Zhenxuan Yao, Dapeng Li and Chao Han. A Kind of Rice Nitrogen Status Rapid Diagnostic Tool. Conference on Computer and Computing Technologies in Agriculture V & IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, Published by Springer, Germany, 2012, 370: 50-61(Engineering Index)
(2) Tao Shen, Jin-heng ZHANG, Junqiang Wang. Research on Non-point Source Pollution Based on Spatial Information Technology: A Case Study in Qingdao. Conference on Computer and Computing Technologies in Agriculture, Published by Springer, Germany, 2011, 347: 592-601 (Engineering Index)
(3) Jin-heng ZHANG, Junqiang Wang, Yongliang Lv et al. Study on Vegetable Field Evaluation Index System for Non-Point Source Pollution of Dagu River Basin. Conference on Computer and Computing Technologies in Agriculture, Published by Springer, Germany, 2011, 345:706-715 ( Engineering Index)
(4) Jin-heng ZHANG , Guocai JI , Lijuan XU , Gaoyuan KONG , Junqiang WANG, Xiaobang LAN , Baoguang TIAN. Application of Fuzzy Comprehensive Evaluation Method on Groundwater Environmental Pollution Evaluation in Vegetable Land. Proceedings of Conference on Environmental Pollution and Public Health（CEPPH2011）, USA, 2011, 1080-1085 (Index to Scientific & Technical Proceedings)
(5) Jin-heng ZHANG, Junqiang WANG, Dongmei CHEN, Dapeng LI. Assess Vegetable Field Soil Heavy Metal Pollution in Dagu River Watershed. Conference on Environmental Pollution and Public Health, Scientific Research Publishing（CEPPH2010）, USA, 2010,740-743 (Index to Scientific & Technical Proceedings)
(6) Jin-heng ZHANG, Junqiang WANG, Shuhai WAN, Dapeng LI, Xi JIANG, Ying LIU，Zhenxuan YAO, Qingxian SU. The Evaluation of Phosphorus Leaching Risk of Agricultural Soil in Dagu River Basin. Conference on Environmental Pollution and Public Health, Scientific Research Publishing, USA, 2010, 609-612 (Index to Scientific & Technical Proceedings)
(7) Jin-heng ZHANG, Potential of continuum removed reflectance spectral features estimating nitrogen nutrition in rice canopy level. Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing: Evolution in Remote Sensing (WHISPERS), 2nd Workshop, Published by IEEE, 2010: 1-4( Engineering Index)
(8) Jin-heng ZHANG. Rice Nitrogen Nutrition Diagnosis Using Continuum Removed Reflectance. The Proceeding of China Association for Science and Technology. Science Press & Science Press USA Inc.2008, Vol.4. No.1: 566 -570.
(9) Jin-heng ZHANG. Correlation between spectral curves characteristics and chlorophyll content of rice exposed to sulfur dioxide，Proceedings of the 4th international symposium on intelligent information technology in agriculture(ISSIITA), 2007.10:628-631.（Index to Scientific & Technical Proceedings）
Journal referee (if any)
Editor-in-Chief of “World Research Journal of Plant Biosystems”
Editorial board of the Plant Knowledge Journal, formerly the Australian Journal of Agricultural Engineering
Editorial board of the Science International
Field Crops Research; Journal of Arid Land; E3 Journal of Environmental Research and Management; E3 Journal of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Research; E3 Journal of Agricultural Research and Development; Topclass Journal of Agricultural Research; African Journal of Biotechnology; African Journal of Agricultural Research; Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture; Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering; Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University
Member of “AIPA (Advanced Information Processing for Agriculture) of International Federation for Information Processing.
(1) “Science and Technology Progress Prize” by Shandong Provincial Government, in 2012.
(2) “Science and Technology Progress Award” by Heilongjiang Provincial Government in 2003
(3) “Outstanding Scientific Research Achievement Award” by Shandong Provincial Education Department in 2010
(4) “National Scientific and Technological Publication Fund” by National Scientific and Technological Publication Foundation in 2011
(5) Patents and Computer Software Copyright:
Jin-heng ZHANG, Yongliang Lv, Chao Han, A controllable system device for field spectral measurement (ZL 200810180572.7）
Jin-heng ZHANG, Chao han, Zhiheng Liu, Yuepeng Li, An equipment for real-time controlling and recording of field fumigation concentration (ZL200820135582.4).
Jin-heng ZHANG, Yongliang Lv, Dapeng Li, A portable device for non-point source pollution of nitrogen and phosphorus (ZL201020210734.X)
Jin-heng ZHANG, Shusheng Liu, Yongliang Lv, Chao Han, A novel device for leaf area index measurement (ZL200920154375.8）
Jin-heng Zhang, Shuhai Wan, Xin Yu, Jun Li. Monitoring and early warning information system for non-point source agricultural pollution V1.0 (Computer Software Copyright, 2011SR062583)